I was honoured to receive a nomination for the Versatile Blogger Award first from the lovely Norah Colvin and then because I’m late posting out my own nominations, a second time from Teagan Kearney ! Thank you Norah and Teagan – For someone who loves variety, this award feels particularly special, and exciting to pass onto some fantastic bloggers who have posts to suit my mood whenever I browse their blogs.
I was delighted to find WordPress actually run a site for this award, to provide a central locale for the winners and maintain the rules, which are:
- Thank the person who gave you this award.
- Include a link to their blog.
- Next, select 15 excellent blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award – include a link to this site.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
When you consider nominating a fellow blogger for the Versatile Blogger Award, consider the quality of the writing, the uniqueness of the subjects covered, the level of love displayed in the words on the virtual page. Or, of course, the quality of the photographs and the level of love
I’ve tried hard to nominate people who haven’t already had this award and one or two of these people may have slipped through my net, but hey, if you’re good, you’re good and I want the world to know I think so too! I was gutted to find Teagan had beaten me to some of my absolute favourites Charli Mills, Ruby McConnell, Tui Snider, Ellen Mulholland ! I should have been quicker off the mark – More lessons in procrastination..
Please take some time to visit these great blogs and have a read around – I promise you there’s something for everyone on all of them!
Tracey Scott Townsend at Traces in Time
Geoff LePard at Tangental
Suzanne at Wanton Word Flirt
Julie Jordan Scott at Julie Unplugged
Carol Hedges at Carol Hedges
Andrea Cypress Straw at Luna Matrix
Prem Rao at Prem Rao – Stories from a Story Teller
Morgan Dragonwillow at Morgan Dragonwillow
Marlene Herself at In Search of it All
Sarah Brentyn at Rants About Parenting
Glen Shorey at Adventures of Wheelchair Boy
Elizabeth Ducie at Elizabeth’s Page
Sherrey Meyer at Sherrey Meyer
Saphia Moore at Top of the Tent
Maureen Helen at Maureen Helen
OK, so here goes with:
7 Things About Me
- I’ve always loved thrills and novelty (life without adrenalin is DULL!)
- I push myself to do things that challenge me (I took up rock climbing to conquer a fear of heights – I gave it up after fracturing my neck in an avalanche)
- I don’t eat meat or drink milk, but I eat sustainable fish and my own hens’ eggs.
- I’m an ambivert – smack bang in the middle of you introverts and extraverts.
- I am genuinely ‘Open-Minded’. (We all like to think we are but I am in the upper quartile on the psychometric scale for this one – On the other hand, let’s not discuss ‘Conscientiousness’..!)
- I love animals, birds, trees and all things we share the planet with and am suspicious of people who don’t.
- I believe the greatest gift and honour you can give or receive is listening to someone else’s meaning – And I see sharing these blogs as going a little way towards doing that.